Findhelp Tas is a self-funded community initiative lead by a partnership of Tasmanian community service organisations, supported by TasCOSS.
BE A VOLUNTEER
Volunteering Tasmania connects volunteers and their skills to people, places and organisations who need it most during emergency situations such as this pandemic.
If you would like to be involved in community volunteering, go online to Emergency Volunteering
If you are an organisation in need of volunteers, please contact Volunteering Tasmania Ph. 03 6231 5550 or email email@example.com
HEAD TO HEALTH
In times of uncertainty it's normal to feel a range of emotions including increased stress and anxiety. While these feelings are normal, we need to ensure that in times of crisis we take steps to look after our mental health and wellbeing.
The Head to Health website provides links to trusted Australian mental health online and phone supports, resources and treatment options. It also has online programs and forums, as well as a range of digital information resources.
Using the search page, you can navigate to various resources and services for help if you’re experiencing mental health concerns, or trying to support someone else. If you’re not sure where to start, you can also use Sam the Chatbot. Sam provides tailored recommendations on information and services that best suit your needs.
Additionally, the Mental Health Council of Tasmania (MHCT) has put together a page on our website to help you stay informed and look after your mental health while we all deal with COVID-19.
As well as a series of tips to look after yourself, the page also includes links to official updates and information, as well as details about what MHCT is doing in response to the crisis. You can check out the website here.
KENTISH LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDER DIRECTORY
Please download the Local Service Provider Directory PDF below for information on services in the Kentish area. Information on Where To Get Help is also provided below.
WHERE TO GET HELP
- Important to keep up social networks using technology
- It is normal to feel anxious and uncertain
- Reach out to mental health services if you need to talk or need help
Link to Mental Health Resources: https://www.coronavirus.tas.gov.au/keeping-yourself-safe/mental-health-support
- Department of Health Social Work Services:
- South: (03) 6166 8354
- North: (03) 6777 4155
- North West: (03) 6478 6119
- Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24 hours, 7 days). Text: 0477 13 11 14 (6pm – midnight AEDT, 7 nights) Chat online: Crisis Chat (7pm - midnight, 7 nights)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636 (24 hours, 7days) Chat online: Online Chat
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 059 467
- MensLine Australia: 1300 789 978 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Open Arms - Veterans Support Service - 24 hrs 1800 011 046
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Headspace: 1800 650 890
- Rural Alive and Well (RAW): 1300 4357 6283 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Life in Mind
- SANE forums
- Tip sheet for COVID-19 and teen mental health. A resource for those working or living with teenagers
- Black Dog Institute
- Head to Health
- Family Relationship Advice Line 1800 050 321
- Sexual Assault, Domestic or Family Violence and Abuse - 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732
- QLife 1800 184 527
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service and Family Drug Support: 1800 811 994
- Alcohol and Drug Services (Department of Health): 1300 139 641
- Quit Tasmania: 13 78 48
- Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tasmania
- Employee assistance programs