The Dog Control Act requires that:
- A person who wishes to keep more than two dogs (or in case of working dogs more than 4 dogs) on any premises must hold a kennel licence issued by the General Manager for the municipality in which the dogs are to be kept.
- A Notice of Intention must be placed in a daily local newspaper
- The advertisement shall be similar to that shown on the form.
- An Application for a Kennel Licence must be lodged along with the appropriate fee ($81.50) at the Kentish Council or a Service Tasmanian shop.
- Council’s Environmental Health Officer or Animal Control Officer may undertake an inspection of the property.
- A Kennel Licence may be issued with conditions and is for a set number and breed of dogs.
- Licences are required to be renewed annually (renewal fee $38.50).
For application forms and more information download the Kennel Licence Information Package